2.11.09

To the soul.

window They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but what of literal windows?  

We take them for granted, but the provide us portals. We can view the world from within the confines of our own home, or wherever else we may happen to be, while staying safe from whatever is out there, staying warm or cool, dry, shaded, sheltered, invisible.


Well, anyway, enough of that drivel! I just liked the look of the window with the light shining through there. It didn't come through exactly as I wanted, but it's not toooo far off, anyway.


I was hoping to write more today, and opened this tab hourrrrssss ago, but then, for shame, I forgot all about it, was reading, cooked dinner, ate, watched Underworld 3, read some more... I'm now nearly finished with Crime and Punishment, quite a different tale, I long for the day when I have learned enough Russian and can read it over again in its proper native tongue. I am a firm believer that a book (or anything else, really) loses something in translation.

Ah well, now it is the late evening again and I must be off! Farewell, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment