So. Day three, here you are before me. And me, with nothing useful to say! =P
Well then, let us dive in to the pretty! This photo is of small porcelain figures of a little Dutch boy and girl, he with flowers tulips and she with a little gift-box behind their backs, standing in what is presumably a field, with colorful tulips all around at their feet, as they lean in for a little kiss. Yes yes, if you've ever been to the Netherlands, or even Holland, Michigan, you've probably seen tons of little "Delft blue" Dutch boy & girl kissing figurines, so what is so special about this one, you ask? Well I tell you! This one was bought by me in a shop in Amsterdam last summer, the first time that I set foot in the Netherlands. I bought it because it called out to me. It says "Holland," for one, it has tulips, which the NL is famous for, if you were somehow unawares!, for two, and for three, well I'm not Dutch but my husband is, and it seemed like the perfect little representation of us! Ok yes, we are not children, nor do we wear silly old-style Dutch clothes, blahblahblah! ;) But you knoowwww, boy and girl meet, boy gives girl flowers (he did you know, not tulips but lilies, girl's favorite!), boy and girl fall in love (ok so they were in love already but that's not the point either!), boy and girl kiss! ;D
Well. That was a fun story, amirite? Oh come on, you know you enjoyed it! So now that I have entertained you, I shall bid you goodnight! Sleep tight! =D

No comments:
Post a Comment