That is not the question! lol.
So I am downloading the Sims 2 (all expansions & stuff packs). And before any righteous omgdlsareevil!!! people bother griping at me, 1) I own 75% of these things on disc already, EA has a LOT of my fucking money. 2) I could not find most of these discs when I moved countries. 3) I do not appreciate people that I have paid, literally, several hundreds of dollars to, infectng my shit with fucking SecuRom. No, bitch, no! 4) Sims 3 is out now so now they expect to make no real profit on 2 (well except for where they fucking FAILED with 3 and people are still playing 2 anyway, lmfao, losers, that's what happens when you try to rip off your customers!!), and the prices start rapidly dropping anyway. A few years ago you could buy the original in a pack with EVERY expansion (there was how many? Oh yes, SEVEN, which all initially sold for FORTY BUCKS A PIECE) for TEN FUCKING DOLLARS. Ten!!!!!! I owned five of those fucking seven and I paid full goddamn price for them, plus the game itself!! So yeah don't talk to me about giving EA any more of my goddamn money. And no, I won't pay them for 3, either, since it is a miserable failure. It's not as horrible as predicted but there is so little you can actually do with it that is different from 2, and so much they royally FUCKED on it. blech. Anyway.
So 2. Downloading. It is presently 73.6% done. After four damn days & nights. It is taking forEVER and it is really pissing me off. At one point it was actually going between 290-450KiB/s, for like, two hours. At that point, it would have finished in 6 more effing hours. This was TWO FULL DAYS ago. Since then, it has rarely exceeded 30KiB/s, and has most frequently stayed below 15 or even 10. Someone shoot me now! At this rate it will be a MONTH before I can freaking play!!! And, this is presuming that Windows even fucking functions properly and doesn't lock up on me. Fucking Windows. UGH. WHY can't Sims be Linux compatible?! WHY?!?? blaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Ok ok I am done whining and bitching now. *sighs* Later folks.
6.10.09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL! I love playing the Sims as well...which reminds me, I haven't played in quite some time. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to see you blogging again. Congratulations on your marriage! I'm excited to read about your life as an expat. :)